Clinical experiences provide the opportunity for students to apply their knowledge to provide safe, quality care. However, most failing students pass their clinical evaluation and fail their theory tests. Iggy provides workshops and consultation on how to increase rigor and validity of clinical evaluation processes.
- Review of existing clinical evaluation tools with feedback
- Facilitation of the revision of clinical evaluation tools (CETs)
- Assistance with establishing validity and inter-reliability of CETs
- Designing a sound clinical evaluation process
- Developing evidence-based, valid clinical evaluation tools
- Differentiating formative and summative evaluation tools
- Ensuring valid and reliable evaluations of student clinical performance